Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Final Countdown

Well, it's here. The final countdown. School will start back on the 25th. It's hard to believe that Josh will be a freshman in High School. I am soooo nervous for him. I asked him the other day if he was scared and he said, "Naaawww". I think that will change come the first day. It's tough for kids these days. I only pray that he will do good.

Going to High School means so many new things. I know that there will be Friday night football games, dances and so much more. I will have to send his daddy with him to the football games, that kinda thing dont appeal to me.

He got his schedule the other day. Some of his teachers I remember from when I was there. One of them was my History teacher in the 11th grade. So much has changed since I was in High School. All the block classes and things like that. Its hard for me to adjust to. He will have 8 classes. 4 first semister and 4 second semister. I just dont understand how he can get full credits for half a year class. I guess I will learn it though.

He also took Air Force ROTC. So that will be uniforms and military style balls. How exciting for him. I hope he will stick with that. I know it will be hard, and to tell the truth Josh is lazy. We'll see how that works out.

He will start driver's ed in the fall. Oh my, something else to worry about. Where has the time gone? I remember his first day of Kindergarden like it was yesterday. It makes me sad to know that they grow up soooo fast.

Here's wishing you the best Josh. I love ya.

No comments: