Thursday, June 26, 2008

Where does the time go??


I think about this all the time. Where does the time go? I became a Great Aunt in May. My neice Rebecca and her boyfriend Billy now have a new baby girl Brianna. It is so hard for me to believe that Rebecca is old enough to have children of her own.

When Jay and I got married, I had a ready made family. With just his siblings alone I gained 3 Sister in laws, and 4 Brother in laws and 7 nieces and nephews. Looking back on that they ranged from ages 14 to 8. Now 5 of those 7 have graduated High School, and of those 5, 1 has graduated from College. I have 1 neice who has gotten married, and now 1 that has her own child.

I do not know where the time has gone. It's funny in my mind they are still the cute little kids they were when Jay and I got married. It is so hard to believe that they have become and accomplished what they are today.

Even lookin' at my own children, I have to wonder the same thing, Where has the time gone. It all seems just like yesterday. I am so Thankful for what the Lord has Blessed me with.

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Tammy,
I do this ALL of the time! Most people probably think that 20-somethings don't realize how fast time can go by but I do. Over the years my Dad has dated a few different women before he married my wonderful step mom. Those women usually had children, younger than my brother and I. I see them and I can't believe how old they are now! Like my Dad dated and lived with the woman who's parents live across the road from us. Her DD was 4 back then. She's now about 20, about to get married and has a 2 year old!

I seriously started crying about how fast Shane was going to grow up when he was not even a week old! LOL Here is our little 8 week old premature, 3 lb 14oz baby boy in the NICU and I'm bawling to Jer about how fast he's going to grow up! LOL I was 19 at the time. Jer just looked at me like I was crazy. What caused it was my Dad came to see Shane and his gf and her three sons came to visit. I was looking at them, remembering how they were 11 months, 4 and 6 when we first met them and there they were, the youngest was now about 7! Scared me to death! Now time has went by pretty fast but not nearly as fast as I was thinking! LOL

Hugs!

Tammy said...

I think its funny how I look at things and say, it was only yesterday. Josh will be goin into High School and I remember his first day of kindergarden just like yesterday..LOL...

And Wesley oh my gosh he will be 4 in Novemeber. And I say, it seems just like yesterday that you were born.. My, it does go by dont it.?

Leslie said...

Tammy,
You asked about the pizza casserole. There is no recipe..or at least I don't go by one! LOL It's just pasta, cooked, mixed with sauce in casserole or baking dish, topped with cheese and pepperoni and put in the oven until the cheese melts ;)

Tammy said...

Oh, ok well that sounds easy enough. LOL on the recipe. Im not a very creative cook. I cant just come up with things. I never have. Im a recipe kinda gal.. I will give it a try though. Sounds kinda like baked spaghetti. Josh loves that. I will have to try it..

I thought maybe it had hamburger, and peppers, and stuff like that. Hey maybe I am a creative cook. LOL.